Defensive stalemates vs defensive wins consensus

11 days ago

VAELINN

906 Total Respect

VAELINN

906 Respect

11 days ago

A couple of people have raised the idea that a defensive stalemate should actually be counted as a win for the defender (for achievements and dog experience considerations) and my initial feeling was that a defensive win should be a fight where the defender put the attacker in the hospital.

But I wanted to raise this to the community and see if that is the community consensus as well, or if defensive stalemates should indeed count as a "win" for the purposes of achievements and dog experience gains.

So I am putting this poll together to get community input on the topic.

To be sure we are all on the same page as far as what a defensive stalemate is, I am referring to an attack where the initiator was not able to put the defender in the hospital and the defender was not able to put the attacker in the hospital.

Should a defensive stalemate count as a win for the defender?

Log in to vote in this poll.

Responses

11 days ago

BARUNAVA

17 Total Respect

BARUNAVA

17 Respect

11 days ago

Yes because defending means saving yourself. If you manage to get yourself out of hospital then the purpose is complete.

I hate online games where you have to interact with people. You eventually loose them and feel sad.

༼⁠ ⁠つ⁠ ⁠◕⁠‿⁠◕⁠ ⁠༽⁠つ

🇮🇳

11 days ago

JACE420

2 Total Respect

JACE420

2 Respect

11 days ago

Me personally as a only stat  agility build will like this to be added because well I dont attack often when people attack me they draw alot so I would like to see this implemented 

11 days ago

KWYY

551 Total Respect

KWYY

551 Respect

11 days ago

I'll abstain from voting on this one due to the fact my build breaks this to a pretty huge degree when it comes to getting defends etc.

A win should be a win (the attacker loses from running out of health). A loss should be a loss (the defender loses due to running out of health).

As much as I'd love those extra stats - just no.

Last Edited 24/09/2026, 18:09:48

11 days ago

SHREDDERCHU

214 Total Respect

SHREDDERCHU

214 Respect

11 days ago

I voted yes, but I'm on the fence with this one, it's a draw and it's a successful defend, but I'm unsure whether I'd consider it as a win, I'd probably prefer it being considered as a defender getting a stalemate, with an achievement for stalemates as well as defends, and dogs getting half the exp when the defender gets a stalemate compared to a defend. But there were no 3rd option

11 days ago

SCOTIA

30 Total Respect

SCOTIA

30 Respect

11 days ago

I'll reiterate my logic in my last post about this -

 

If, in real life, someone attacks me and I am able to escape, I would count that as a win, and I doubt anyone who has actually been in a fight would disagree. 

 

In short, yes, I think defensive stalemates should be counted as a win, for the defender.

My cat is cuter than yours

10 days ago

JARI

417 Total Respect

JARI

417 Respect

10 days ago

My opinion is yes. It should count as a win/defend.

Like everyone else said, if I can escape without dying I would consider it a win.

.

10 days ago

BOONIESTEEP

298 Total Respect

BOONIESTEEP

298 Respect

10 days ago

I voted yes, but I'm on the fence with this one, it's a draw and it's a successful defend, but I'm unsure whether I'd consider it as a win, I'd probably prefer it being considered as a defender getting a stalemate, with an achievement for stalemates as well as defends, and dogs getting half the exp when the defender gets a stalemate compared to a defend. But there were no 3rd option

SHREDDERCHU - 24/09/2026, 18:16:23

Agree with this

Join TNW! The best cartel for players focused on building net worth and non-combat gameplay. 5b+ paid out monthly to less than 30 players.

10 days ago

RENO_CHALAMET

63 Total Respect

RENO_CHALAMET

63 Respect

10 days ago

I voted no because a draw is a draw. I think achievement points is not such a bad idea though for draws